What’s Happening Now
N52 Tullamore to Kilbeggan Link Scheme
The N52 Tullamore to Kilbeggan Link Scheme is now at the ‘Option Selection’ phase in accordance with the TII Project Management Guidelines.
Five Route Corridor Options have now been identified to proceed to Stage 2 of the Option Selection phase. View Route Corridor Options Map.
During this consultation, we are inviting feedback on the Route Corridor Options to inform the design of the project. The consultation is open from 6th November to 11th December 2020 inclusive.
- Ecology Walkover surveys are being carried out within the study area. These are to enable the identification of habitats, plants and animals.
- The development of initial route options is being progressed during this period. Consultation on the initial route options is planned for Q4 2020.
Phase 1 Concept & Feasibility stage is complete, and we are now at the Phase 2 Options Selection stage.
The Study Area and Scheme Constraints are being identified.
- We have identified the broad project study area within which the proposed road could feasibly be located.
- The project team is now in the process of identifying any constraints within this area that could impact on how and where the Scheme is designed.
- Constraints include Economic, Engineering and Environmental issues such as communities, industry, archaeological and environmental factors, that the project team needs to be aware of before it progresses to designing a route for the Scheme.